Ryley and I had a BLAST at Comanche Park the other day. It is brand new and was a great adventure for her! Here is the review from Silicon Valley Toddler. As much as loved the park I have a slightly different perspective than she does since Ryley is quite a bit younger.
At 13 months there were some serious pros:
- A small slide off to the side with stairs that she could climb up
- A low tunnel and bridge she loved climbing on
- The awesome rubbery squishy ground, seriously love this stuff and is good for crawlers
- The toddler structure has 2 slide options, both of which she loved
But also at 13 months there were some negatives:
- Ryley is still a swing lover and there is only 1 baby swing, need 2 at minimum
- The structure was a little high for her and the openings where she could fall were on opposite sides so I had to run between them as she climbed up
- There was only one way for her to get up onto the structure and even that wasn’t totally enclosed
- I really wish when they built new parks they would put in shade structures!
The structure does say 2-5 year olds so I’m playing at my own risk but really I need places to take my kid too. There are definitely better parks for kids Ryley’s age but if you have an adventurous toddler or just want a change of scenery this is a good option, just be sure to watch your little one. With all the extra stuff off to the side I do still recommend the park for the little ones.
I also enjoyed the look of the park, so fun with lots of colors. They had 4 person tables around which were great as well. There was a small lovely green grass hill behind the toddler structure too, it was calling “roll down me”! 🙂 Some day when Ryley is big enough I can’t wait to do that with her, be silly and just enjoy the grass!
What are some of your favorite young toddler parks?